The Locs You Want
MAINTENANCE: (segmenting and tightening new hair growth at roots as well as tucking in loose strands of hair along the locs)
Methods: (approximates depend on how much new growth you have and how long it has been since your last maintenance)
Palm Roll/Twist & Wrap
- Half head (approximately 1-1.5 hours $40-$60)
- Full head (approximately 1.5-2 hours $60-$80)
* Loose hair is brought back into the proper loc and is wrapped and rolled tightly around the loc. The root is twisted.
- Half head (1.5-2 hours $60-$80)
- Full head (2-3 hours $80-$120)
* A latch hook is used to create 2-3 safe and closed interlocs at the root of each loc.
-Half head (2-3.5 hours $80-$140)
- Full head (3.5-5 hours $140-$200)
*A crochet hook is used to tangle hair from within the loc.
Example of a twisted root.
Example of an interloc root.